The Nature Boy says he’ll be back.
After spending time in the hospital following an emergency surgery, Ric Flair posted on a social media for the first time telling fans he’s going to be alright.
“Sometimes, you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were,” Flair said in a tweet. “Naitch WILL be back!”
Flair was placed into a medically induced coma earlier this month before going in for surgery because of “multiple organ problems.”
Wrestling Sheet editor Ryan Satin shared a private Facebook post from Flair’s fiancée, Wendy Barlow, saying the wrestler is well on the road to recovery.
“He will begin physical therapy shortly and will be stronger than ever and back out enjoying all the fans sooner than you would think. I can honestly say I have witnessed a miracle,” Barlow said in the post.
Charlotte Flair, Ric’s daughter, shared a post on Instagram on Aug. 20 saying her father was getting better, but still had “a long road to go.”
The former WWE Champion has bounced back from health scares before and it looks like he’s done it yet again.
Flair previously had a health scare in December 1998 when he slumped over in the corner of a wrestling ring before a World Wrestling Championship event in Tampa, according to the Charlotte Observer. Fortunately, the pains were not from a heart attack.