A fire that started Thursday off south Interstate 15 in the Bonsall area quickly burned 3,000 acres, destroying at least 20 structures, fire officials said. As Santa Ana winds continued to blow across the county, 19,200 customers were without power.
In Riverside County, a fire that started at Los Alamos Road and Liberty Road in the Murrieta area has burned 220 acres.
Here are the latest updates.
Lilac fire in San Diego County
- Gopher Canyon Road is closed from East Vista Way to Little Gopher Canyon Road
- Old River Road at Little Gopher Canyon Road through Golf Club Drive
- Camino Del Rey is closed at Highway 76 to Old Highway 395
- Old Highway 395 from Highway 76 to West Lilac Road
- West Lilac Road from Old Highway 395 to Camino Del Rey
- Highway 76, from Old Highway 395 to Via Monserate – the California Highway Patrol estimates this closure could last through Friday morning
- South Mission Road is closed at Winterhaven Road to southbound traffic to highway 76
Evacuations: South of Renche Road, west of Interstate 15, east of Green Canyon Road and South Mission Road, north of Highway 76
Damage: 20 structures destroyed, two people injured
Evacuation centers: Overnight shelter at East Valley Community Center (2245 East Valley Parkway in Escondido), Oceanside High School (1 Pirates Cove Way in Oceanside), Stagecoach Community Park (3420 Camino de Los Coches in Carlsbad). Temporary shelter at Carlsbad Forum (1923 Calle Barcelona in Carlsbad).
Liberty fire in Riverside County
Evacuations: Warm Springs Knolls, all homes north of North Via Princessa, Via La Colina, Calle De Escarpardo, Via Del Largo, Via Del Sol, Calle Quedo, Via Zapata, Via La Paloma, Calle Amigable, Call Alta, Via Taffia, Camino Alba, Calle De Amor, Call Del Buho, Calle Clavel, Via Vela, Calle Arrebol, Calle Del Buho, Via Coleta, Calle Cervato, Calle Potro, Via Oruga, Camino Cinife, Calle Cisne, Calle Ventoso, Via Playa Del Rey, Via Alegre, Via Norte Vista, Via Del Sur, Via El Brazo
Damage: One structure burned
Evacuation centers: Murrieta Mesa High School (24801 Monroe Street in Murrieta). It is not an overnight shelter.
Here’s are the latest stories from The San Diego Union-Tribune:
Check back for continued updates.