Bárbara Bermudo Opens Up About Leaving Univision's Primer Impacto and Talks TV Comeback in 2018


In early January, Bárbara Bermudo shocked fans when she abruptly stepped down from her 14-year post as co-host of Univision’s Primer Impacto, one of the network’s highest rated shows. The rumors swirling around the reason for her departure ranged from her demanding an astronomical pay raise the network couldn’t accommodate to her feeling disappointed after her husband’s dismissal from a Univision affiliate in Miami.

On Dec. 21, the beloved Puerto Rican journalist, 42, opened up to La Opinion about her exit: “Univision is a company that I owe a lot of achievements to and the best times professionally, but I had already reached the ceiling. I felt it was time to go. And it was meant to be this way, doing God’s will, and I understood that after a few months, when I connected with Him and had that intimacy with the Lord. He revealed to me that everything would be OK and there would be new promotions and open doors for me.”

The former host said that spending quality time with her husband, Colombian TV and radio host Mario Andrés Moreno, and their three daughters, has been the best part of her downtime:  “I am enjoying little Sofia’s first years, which I couldn’t do with Mia and Camila because I worked full-time. I am just grateful to God because He allowed me to make this pause in order to enjoy those special moments that many women unfortunately miss out on because of work commitments,” the Emmy-winning journalist said, adding: “Sometimes God brings a waiting period into our lives and I think that’s what happened to me.”

When asked if she would returning to the small screen in 2018, Bermudo said: “We are working on that right now. I cannot get into details, but the most important thing is that I am returning to television, with a different, refreshing project, and I’m just counting the days until I can see that dream become a reality.”



Source link